St George’s Market is located on May Street, close to the River Lagan and the Belfast Waterfront. It is one of Belfast’s oldest attractions and the last surviving covered Victorian market in the city.
Today, St George’s is a thriving market with 300 traders and crafters. It is widely considered to be one of the best markets in the UK and Ireland.
The market has also won numerous local and national awards for its fresh, local produce and lively market atmosphere.
St George’s holds a weekly Friday Variety Market, the City Food and Craft Market each Saturday and a Sunday Market. It also hosts a range of events
The market building is not used from Monday to Wednesday so is available for hire on these days only.
- A unique Victorian market building – nothing else like it in the city.
- The market is over 43,000sqft making it one of the largest hire venues in the city.
- Has a capacity for 3000 people
- The venue can cater for large events but also can be divided into smaller spaces
- Experienced management team on site
- High footfall in the area – the venue attracts a lot of tourists and locals
- Free wifi
- Fully accessible
- Furniture for use on site
- Experience Health&Safety team in the council
- Catering options
- Entertainments Licence
- Option for an Occasional Alcohol/Liquor Licence
Markets Development Manager
12-20 East Bridge Street, Belfast, BT1 3NQ
+44 (0)28 90 435704