Banana Block is a new events space set within a historic linen mill in East Belfast.
Inspired by the curious connections between Belfast and bananas, Banana Blocks is a space for celebrating eccentric histories and creating incredible futures.
A one-of-a-kind venue in the heart, catering for events from full and half-day conferences, to breakfast meetings and organisational parties.
Originally Strand Mill, the space has been thoughtfully renovated and transformed into a living museum, cafe and small business hub exploring the industrial history of the site through an ongoing collaboration with the Ulster Folk Museum.
As part of their sustainability commitment, Banana Block and the wider Portview Trade Centre site operate a closed-loop policy, enabling the reuse of materials to minimise the venue’s environmental impact.
Desirable features include manoeuvrable dividing walls to adapt the space for hosting scalable events and in-house catering and cafe to suit your needs or access.
The venue boasts a wealth of natural light under the original sawtooth roof and free access to museum exhibits.
Banana Block is well connected with nearby transport links and parking. Tech & AV bundles are also available.
- 780m2 of highly adaptable event space
- Cultural Heritage Attraction
- Unique History
- Original Features
- Able to accommodate up to 850 guests
- In-house catering, refreshments
- In-house tech and AV equipment
- Pre-build environmental assessment: Banana Block assesses the environmental impact of materials and processes, in order to inform the design and fabrication options for each installation, and venue materials
For a breakdown of our hire spaces and specifications, see our Corporate Venue Hire Slidedeck
|Room||Theatre Style||Banquet Style||Reception||Cabaret||Classroom||Boardroom||Exhibition (sq. metres)||Exhibition Stands|